Yesterday, August 25, 2015 3D Systems released a new version of GibbsCAM, its software for production machining. The new software incorporates dozens of innovative new features and powerful new Universal Kinematic Machine (UKM) engine that further simplifies CNC programming. New features include:
- New Tooling Functions and Capabilities that extend the ability to define, use and simulate tools, with new icons and dynamic 3D viewing of tools and tool holders.
- Numerous Enhancements for Hole-making that include additional support for hole features from CAD systems and full associativity for hole features from Autodesk Inventor, CATIA v5, Solid Edge and SolidWorks.
- Intermediate Tooling Support for Multi-task Machining (MTM), which makes tooling more manageable, simulation more accurate, and programming easier, with more accurate placement and orientation of tools.
- Machine Simulation which is greatly improved as a result of UKM, intermediate tooling support, and an improved rendering palette. Rendering is more accurate and efficient, displaying intermediate tooling for a more complete simulation of all moving components.
- Integration with Sandvik Coromant’s Adveon Tool Library, which enables importing tools from Sandvik and ISO 13399 compliant systems to make a standard library available at any time, simplifying tool definition and tooling-data management.
Learn more about GibbsCAM here.